Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lesson 8- Use Technology To Preserve Memories

My niece "googled" me a few days ago and found my blog. She read the few that I had written, and she was excited that I mentioned the "texting" lessons she gave me for Christmas. I think she was just excited that I referenced her. She said that even though I didn't give her name, she knew that I was talking about her and that she would be sure to tell her friends.

So I have decided to let this blog be for my niece who has taught me so much about the teenage- 13- perspective of technology, who reminds me daily of how fortunate I am to be part of a wonderful family, who giggles when I try to be hip or cool but say the wrong thing only to sound lame and outdated, who still thinks, even though I am not the greatest cook, I make the best mac and cheese in the world, who thinks that I am the coolest aunt in the world- she's been conditioned to think and say that from birth- who promises to take care of me when I am no longer able to do so, who loves me warts and all, and who still asks me to read her favorite book to her before she goes to sleep when she visits me.

Tay, now I can read to you every night. Good night; sleep tight; don't let the bed bugs bite. I love you!

Brown, Margaret Wise. Good Night Moon. 1st Board Edition. New York: Harper Collins Publishers- Harper Festival, 1991. Print.

Podcast created as class requirement:

1 comment: