Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lesson Twelve- Technology Tool Box Continues To Grow

Just when I thought it was safe to really start concentrating on the digital tools I wanted to master, I learned about a few more tools that must be part of my technology tool box.

The first tool that I have spent some time with the latter part of this week is Edmodo. I love it. This is a "Free Private Social Platform for Education." And I could not wait to get home from a meeting to sign up. Edmodo is very similar to Facebook set up, and it is very user friendly. I set up one of my AP classes on it and shared it with them on Friday. They were so excited when I pulled it up for them to view. One young lady commented that she couldn't wait to use it; it would be like using Facebook at school. For me- the coolest part is that it is managed by me. I can delete inappropriate comments; I can moderate was does and doesn't go on. Best of all- it is private and FREE.

I also learned about Tagxedo. This site is similar to Wordle, but the user has more to choose from in terms of designing his word graph. I love Wordle, but I love Tagxedo, too. It provides the user alternative ways to view his/her writing, thoughts, etc.

Before taking "The Digital Writing Workshop," my technology "landscape" or identity use to consist of Word, PowerPoint,and YouTube. Over the course of the last few months, my "landscape" has grown, considerably. I look forward to learning about the many tools to be met in our next digital writing class and those I am to meet in the future.

I will have to go by Lowe's on my way home from class today to buy a new tool box. I think I'll invest in the "multi-decker" model.

No comments:

Post a Comment