Thursday, April 22, 2010

Where To Go From Here...

As I reflect on the last four months of being part of Writing In the Digital Classroom, I am simply amazed; my head still swims with all that we have learned and used, all that is available for me to use in my classroom, all that I have actually incorporated in my lessons, all that is yet to be incorporated. I am a new person, a new woman, a new teacher.

I can honestly say that before participating in the course, I used and incorporated technology on the basic level. I used what I had to use and assigned usage as needed. I didn't think I had the time or energy to "research" technology tools to aide my instruction. I was too busy trying to plan and create lessons that would address the curriculum and the standards. Little did I realize that rather than hinder my work- technology made it more accessible, more engaging, and more relevant-in most cases. There are still some works and activities I prefer to do "my" way or the "old-fashion" way, but by-in-large, the manipulation of the various tools I've learned has helped make my work more engaging, more relevant, and more accessible- already.

My biggest cheerleaders are my students. They are really excited to see that 1- I am willing to learn and grow in my profession in an area other than content, and 2- that I know an entirely different world exists outside of the textbook. When I use one of my "new" tools to aide in instruction, most of them are quick to share something else about the tool's usage; some have even created a "must use tool/website" list for me. My only fear is that they are going to create some assignment for me so that they can assess my progress.

I will be a "net" surfer this summer. My goal to to be able to start the 2010-2011 school year with fresh new ideas that will support instruction in ways that are meaninful, relevant, challenging, engaging, and inspriring.

Here I go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment